Wednesday, July 26, 2017

"Her Rights, My Wrongs"

What's up with all of these ridiculous posts and protests lately? You know the ones. People up in arms over the loss of women's rights. The ones about how millions are going to die once Obamacare is repealed and/or replaced. Interesting points. 

Now, if you've ever read anything I've written you probably know that I'm about to drop some logic on this. Some of you aren't going to like it. Well here's some exciting news about that: I'm probably not gonna care unless you can give a logical and reasonable debate. So far that's where everyone falters or lapses into supposition and assumption. For the record, I only play the "what if" game with my kids. 

So here's the thing. Women's rights. You didn't lose them. They're still sitting right there along with the house you can own with the money you can earn at the job you're allowed to have. Look at you, all "righted" up and shit. Good on ya, ladies. 
What's that? Oh. It's about abortion rights. Gotcha. My bad. So you're upset because of the Planned Parenthood thing. Yeah, bummer about that, I've known a person or two who use abortion as a form of birth control. Poor girls might be stuck dealing with accountability now. Drats. 
Here's a fun fact: two people were required to make that baby. Where are the men's rights when women abort a child he wanted? 

However, women still didn't lose any rights. I've yet to have anyone list any "rights" women have actually lost. For the record here, although abortion has never been listed as a "right", abortion is still available. No one has outlawed it. You know that, right? 

Look, I don't think abortion should be used as a form of birth control. I know, I know. The mantra is that it's not my body. Fair point. Your body, his shared DNA. Guess what, it IS my tax dollars I don't want spent on it. You had sex without a thought to the outcome, you pay for your own abortion. How's that for fair? Oh. You can't afford it? Then you may wanna look into the millions of people looking to adopt. Problem solved and shit. 

The other rights, what? Equality? Hmm. Let's see. You want equal pay. Ok. For equal work though, right? You know. None of this "but I can't lift as much as these guys, you've gotta make allowances for me because I'm a girl." Oh. Well then I guess you can't lift as big a check as those guys then either. No no. I'm not going to make any special allowances. It's not fair to everyone else. Equal work for equal pay. Bottom line. 


Now.... on to this ridiculous nonsense about the "millions that'll die if Obamacare gets repealed." Cough, cough... bullshit. Let's just start there and make you even more upset as we go. 
Obamacare is a nightmare of failure and lies. Did it help millions get affordable healthcare? Sure. The ones who already qualified for Medicaid and Medicare. Those of us who were already paying for health insurance? Millions either got dropped or had our premiums raise to the point we couldn't afford it. Unless, of course, we switched to a plan with ludicrous deductibles and limitations. 
What do I think the government should do about healthcare? So glad you asked. Nothing. That's what they should do. Nothing except get out of the micromanagement business. Our government wasn't put in place to regulate healthcare. Nowhere in the Bill of Rights does it mention the government needs to get involved. It's simply not in their job description. 

Plus, let's face it, what our government excels at is screwing things up. So we want them in the doctor's office with us now? You sure about that? 

Oh. I see. You think health care should just be free. Gotcha. You know "free" isn't really free, right? You do understand the money has to come from somewhere, don't you? The more "free" shit we have, the higher taxes go. If you work, that is. You want to give your money to the government and let them manage your life? Have you seen the way our government manages things? 

Let them repeal it. Don't replace it. Let insurance companies compete for our business. I assure you the law of supply and demand will lower rates. It's just simple economics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment