Thursday, June 18, 2015

"Attention Junky"

I've seen several websites who've stated Miley Cyrus set a Bible on fire on stage  at her show at Staples Center then danced around a phallic symbol. "To promote tolerance". Seriously?! Tolerance of what? Ignorance? Oh, and yelling "Hillary, '16" doesn't help her case with me any either. That part is her political choice though so I'll not talk about that just yet. 
Let's focus on the Bible burning and other horrible behavior for now. I'm unsure what "tolerance" she's trying to promote by saying, "Being a role model for millions of people, I know no better way to express the massive amount of love I have for the world, and if some crybabies are upset about it, they're idiots and I hope they die."

I get that she's an attention seeker. And that attention she's seeking is like a drug to her. She's going to continue to find new ways to try to shock people and gain attention. But openly attacking Christianity? Unnecessary. And certainly not a display of tolerance. 
And here's a quote from a website....
"Liberal members of the media called the concert an "act of bravery," describing Cyrus's artistic performance as "by far the greatest example of a new, enlightened culture, unhindered by the ancient rulebook that promotes bigotry, fear, and hate." - 

Let me get this right, an act of depravity is "bravery"?! Well now I see how the ESPY's screwed things up with that Arthur Ashe Award. Good job guys, you've helped warp our populace. 
This "new, enlightened culture" is an example of the rapid decline of our society. It's not about political affiliation anymore. It's about a perversion of humanity. "Enlightened", harrumph! This isn't enlightenment, this is definitely SOMETHING but it's not enlightenment. 

I'll admit that I don't get on here and rally for Christianity. I've made statements regarding inconsistencies in the Bible. That doesn't mean I'm "anti-religious". Nor am I going to attack anyone's religious beliefs. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that I think believing in a higher power is not only good but, for some people, necessary. Let's face it, if WE are "the best and smartest" in the universe then the universe is in sad, sad shape. Ever see how people behave or dress in Walmart? Tell me that doesn't frighten you a little..
 If you're going to have religious convictions then the Christian religion is in the top 3 to follow. Be you monotheistic or polytheistic, the 10 Commandments are solid, good rules to live by. Whether you follow Christianity or not I still encourage using those Commandments as a guideline in life. They're beneficial to any society and promote a healthy lifestyle. I try to adhere to them myself. I try to avoid things like murder, lying, adultery, those seem like pretty reasonable rules. I kinda encourage my kids not to be lying, cheating, stealing psychopaths. 

I don't care how famous this little girl is, she needs to be slapped. There's a difference between "making a statement" and being openly disrespectful. Yet there are people who are clearly applauding her actions and calling it an "act of bravery". Pfft. Slaps all around, I say. Smack em hard! Hard enough to hopefully knock some sense into them. 
To be quite honest here, I've gotta think it's not just her parents who failed (miserably) but it's also us as a society. People will still buy tickets to her shows. She will continue to get rich and probably even influence some kids. Too bad we can't help influence those kids by shipping people like Miley Cyrus and Kanye West off to another land. Let them take that Jenner thing with them. Then you'll have 2 "brave" people to lead the way for their new little nation. I'd wager none of them would know what to do. 

She states Christians shouldn't be allowed to make laws in this country. Well, kiddo, this country was founded on Christian principles. And I've not studied every country on the planet but I'm pretty sure they all have laws that incorporate some of those 10 Commandments. 
Look, I'm all for tolerance. So long as that tolerance doesn't mean stepping on other people, their belief systems or forcing my beliefs on others. Don't like what's on tv? Change the channel. Don't want your kids to pray in school? That's cool. But don't censor other peoples' TV or make it so others can't pray. There's a difference between being "tolerant" and being a little shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment